- Fill out the signup form. You will have
your sign-up e-mailed back to you with your License Number. Your sign-up
will be posted anonymously so people can look Santas over as the signups
- On November 10, a spreadsheet of all the signups will
posted to the livejournal community. E-mail
with your top three picks (as identified by their License Number) and your
Secret Santa Letter. You may write a separate request for each of the three
Santas. If you won't be around, ask a friend who will be around to watch the community and send your request in for you. Letters are due by 11:59 a.m. EST November 11.
N.B. The Santa letter is not a shopping list. It is a way for
someone who doesn't know you to write a story or make a picture you will like. Give your
Santa a clear list of your likes and dislikes, but do not expect that
they will include every single like. TheFourthVine
gives some great advice on gift exchange prompts.
- On November 11, all Santas will receive their
prompts via e-mail.
- Make your gifts and e-mail them to
by 11:59 p.m. EST, December 8, 2007.
|Minimum Gift Sizes|
|Story ||1000 words|
|Single image ||800 px by 600 px|
|Icon Set ||10 icons|
- You are forbidden to include story or visual elements that your requestee
specifically noted they did not want included. You should incorporate as
much of the elements they would like as you can include in a well-
written story or a striking image, but you are not required to include all
of their requests.
- If you do not turn in a story on time, …
- you will not be allowed to participate in next year's Doc
- and your assigned Santa did not turn in a story, no pinch hitter
will be assigned.
- and your assigned Santa did turn in a story for you, your name will
not be listed as the recipient. (If you turn in a story late, your name
will be re-added to the story as the recipient.)
- Do not post the story you wrote publically or discuss it publicly in
your journal until stories are posted on December 23.